If you have digital marketing insights and well-researched content you think would be valuable to our audience, you are welcome to write for us. Here is what to expect:
We review each pitch and get back to you if the topic sounds like a good fit for our audience. Once we’ve identified an interesting topic, we’d need you to send us an outline.
After approving the outline and receiving a completed article, we take about two weeks to review it and share feedback. We expect writers to update the copy based on our feedback before publication.
We reserve the right to reject articles that do not meet our requirements and edit articles as we see fit.
Please follow the technical and quality requirements listed here before submitting an article.
We will not publish content that does not meet these requirements.
- Submit articles via Google Documents.
- Your article must be between 300 and 2000 words.
- You must submit original content that has not been published before.
- Submit value-added content and include actionable takeaways, i.e. clearly written step-by-step instructions, templates, and checklists.
- Cover a topic comprehensively, so readers don’t need to read anything else before taking action.
- Show, don’t tell. Include specific examples, sources, case studies, and data that back up your argument.
- Include external links only to top authoritative and trustworthy websites.
- Include internal links to other relevant Hop Online’s pages, with an emphasis on linking to the appropriate “pillar” page early in the post.
- Keep your introduction short and get to the point as quickly as possible.
- Include a preview of the main elements of your thesis statement, acting as a roadmap of the article.
- Divide the text into sections, each addressing a specific subtopic and identified by a section header. Users skimming through the text should get a very good idea of what your angle and main points are.
- Keep your paragraphs short and to the point.
- Keep your sentences short, direct, and simple. Avoid using passive voice.
Topic We Cover
Your contribution should address topics related to digital marketing strategy and implementation – insights, resources, tools, channels, KPIs, customer journey mapping, marketing personas, etc. Our main content categories are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Lead Generation
- PPC Strategy
- Social Media Strategy
- web design